1821 – The Catholic Church dates back to when Mass was celebrated in the home of D.F. Steinback, son-in-law of city forefather, Louis Lorimier.
1825 - A Vincentian priest, Fr. John Timon, C.M., came from Perryville, Missouri, to celebrate Mass on a regular basis.
1833 – Current land where Old St. Vincent's Church is currently resides was purchased.
1836 – Our parish dates back to April 9th of 1836, with Fr. John Mary Odin, C.M., left St. Mary of the Barrens Seminary in Perryville to become the first resident pastor.
1839 – Original church building of Old St. Vincent’s Catholic Church was completed.
1850 – Due to a tornado on November 27, 1850, a second church building was constructed in Spring 1851.
1853 – The current Old St. Vincent’s was consecrated on July 27, 1853.
1953 – The Notre Dame High School was built on Ritter Drive. Our church acquired this building in 1998 when the high school moved to its current location on Notre Dame Dr. (Highway K).
1956 – With Fr. Joseph Dyra, C.M. the parish moved to the current location, on Ritter Drive and Forest Avenue, of our Church and a new St. Vincent de Paul Grade School was built.
1961 – The convent built on Ritter Drive was home to the Sisters of Loretto. The Sisters helped staff the school for about 100 years, from 1877-1978. Plus, the current rectory was built on Forest Avenue.
1991 – The Parish Office and two meetings room were housed in the former convent building.
1975 – On July 1, 1975, ground was broken for St. Vincent de Paul Parish Center, a multipurpose building built on the south end of the school. The building included a gymnasium and kitchen. Although attached to the school, it was built to be an activity center for the entire parish. Then on July 22, 1975, Fr. Martin Culligan, C.M., became the new pastor.
1976 – The ground was broken for the current church building on May 3, 1976. Then, on December 8, the feast of the Immaculate Conception, the current parish church on Forest Avenue was dedicated under the patronage of St. Vincent de Paul.
1991 – The ground was broken for updates to the school and administrative office space.
1997 – Then another parish addition was added. The current Upper and Lower Rooms were added to the back of the church building. Our current Gathering Area was also added to the front of the church.
1999 – The DePaul Center was renamed and is currently used by St. Vincent de Paul Grade School, by school and parish sports teams, Christian Service, and a variety of other parish groups and functions.
1999 – More History Coming Soon!!